Sunday, April 1, 2012

I Think I Broke My Husband

My husband and I have been married for 20 years and while I do expect some things to change, I'm beginning to get a little worried.

You know how it is, you have something for awhile, the warranty expires and it starts falling apart...

 I think that's whats going on here

There are things going on that no one warned me about.  I mean there's
always been a little bit of upkeep but really nothing too bad.  You get a few
odd noises and occasional strange smells but if your going to be around men
that's pretty much a given.  Who ever came up with air freshener had a man in mind when they did it. 
 No, that's not what's causing my concerns.  I've come to the conclusion that some of his parts are starting to fail. Not any of the important parts...but as a loving spouse I believe I should show unbiased concern for all his parts, regardless of their uses or potential benefits to myself. After all, what kind of wife would I be if I didn't worry about all of his parts equally?

  No, it's those other parts that have me concerned the most. They make noises now that they never use to make.  Creaking and popping noises.  It's like watching an old murder mystery and the door slowly,slowly creaks open.. it's a little unnerving really.  I mean, what do you do with them when they start making these kinds of sounds.

I really don't mind that his hair has turned to salt and pepper and to be honest
I may have had a hand in those gray hairs but I really don't think I caused
the whole falling out thing that's been going on up there.  On the bright side,
taking him to get his hair cut really doesn't take that long.

There is the issue of his forgetfulness that can be quit annoying at times but
as far as his memory goes, I really don't think  that thing was exactly iron clad from the start and I guess after all these years  there's going to be some seepage going on there.
He does remember the important things like my birthday, our anniversary and his address, so I guess I still have a few more years before I  have to send a search party to find him every time he goes out.

 My husband is really a good guy as far as husbands go.  After all these years,   he still opens my doors, holds my hand, tells me he loves me in front the guys, chases me around the house and gives me all his money. Not bad for an old guy.

I guess after everything is said and done, he's still the man I married regardless
of his failing parts.  After all, how much worse can it get?


 There is one thing that baffles me though ... Where do their
butts go??   It seems to be a mystery..











No comments:

Post a Comment